How much will the year cost?
When considering the cost of a year at St. Peter's College, the following must be taken into consideration:
- Tuition - Costs for tuition are calculated on a category 1-8 basis. When you are looking at a course, you will note that each class has a number, such as ENG 298.3. The ".3" is the number of credit units for this class. Classes are usually 3 credits for a term class or 6 credit units for two terms (full year).
- Housing and Meals - St. Peter's College provides on-campus housing at Severin Hall. There are various healthy, balanced, hot meal plans that are available to our students. Meals are served in the dining room at 8:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m. Meal plans are available for those students who live off-campus as well as to on-campus students.
- Parking - Electrified parking is available to students at $100.00 per school year. A non-electrified spot is available for free.
- Textbooks - can be purchased new or used from the U of S bookstore. There are also buy & sell groups on social media and websites that are meant for used university textbooks.
- Art Supplies - please speak to Grant McConnel - Grant orders art supplies for the students
How, where, and when do I pay my fees?
Payment Information Important Dates
What if I am a Senior Citizen or Special Status Student?
Senior Citizen & Special Status Students
St. Peter's College will issue a Tuition and Education Credit Certificate (T2202A) for tax purposes.
If you are currently registered at St. Peter's College, you may pick up your tax certificate at the Finance Office. Otherwise, it will be mailed to the most current address on file. Tax certificates will be ready for pick up by students by the last week of February following the end of the taxation year.
If you were registered during the previous academic year, you may pick up your tax certificate at the Finance Office. Otherwise, it will be mailed to your most current permanent address on file, by the last week of February following the end of the taxation year.
Please help us by providing St. Peter's College with any address changes. It is your responsibility to keep St. Peter's College updated with your current address. All correspondence will be sent to the most current address on file.
Address changes can be sent to the Finance Office.
Scholarships from St. Peter's College
St. Peter’s College is proud to award an excess of $80,000 in scholarships every year to our students, including entering, bridging and exiting students. This sum, combined with our small applicant base, maximizes our students’ chances of receiving our scholarships.
In addition to the number of scholarships available, the criteria for scholarships are wide-ranging. Our scholarships are not given out based solely on marks. We reward community participation, leadership, and initiative. We also take into consideration the financial need of applicants when selecting our scholarship recipients. We strongly encourage all St. Peter’s College students to apply for our scholarships!
The deadline to apply for St. Peter's College Scholarships and Awards is June 21, 2020. Successful applicants will be notified in early August. St. Peter's College Scholarships and awards are presented to recipients at the Awards Ceremony on Sept. 19, 2020 (tentative).
Before applying, please read through the SPC Scholarships and Awards Descriptions. This document outlines all of the scholarships we offer and the supporting documents needed for each scholarship. Accelerated scholarship information is available here.
When you apply for our scholarships you will be asked to provide supporting documents. These may include:
- Personal statements about community service, your career goals, and/or why you are seeking financial support
- Proof of citizenship
- Letters of recommendation
- High school or university transcripts
These documents are to be emailed to email@example.com
- Please ensure that the file name for each document contains your full name.
- Please ensure that each document is a PDF or Word file
Another supporting document needed for some scholarships is the Financial Need Statement. Please note that this is included in our online application. You are allowed to skip this section, but this may disqualify you from some scholarships. If you do choose to fill this section out, please be prepared to estimate expenses, assets, and financial support available during your pre-study and study period. We created a quick worksheet for you to complete to help calculate your expenses. You can find the worksheet here.
The online application cannot be saved; you must finish it in one sitting. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
SPC Scholarships and Awards Descriptions
Once you have found which scholarships you qualify for, gathered all of your documents (combined into one file if you are bridging or exiting), and have calculated your finances, click the link below to apply.
2020 SPC Scholarships and Awards Application
If you have any questions or need help with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (306) 682-7886 for assistance.
How and when do I apply for a Student Loan?
Click on the links below to find out how and when to apply for student loans. If you need assistance, please contact the Finance Office or Student Services.
I've been approved for my Student Loan - now what?
You must now get the "Confirmation of Enrolment" portion of the Schedule 1 Loan Form signed by the Finance Officer at St. Peter's College.
Once you have registered for your classes through PAWS, bring your Schedule 1 Loan Form to the Finance Office at St. Peter's College.
Student Loan forms cannot be signed more than 30 days prior to the start date of classes.
Do I pay the College directly or is a cheque issued by Student Loans?
The total of tuition and assessed fees for first and second term courses will be input by the Finance Officer on to the schedule 1 Loan Form. Payment will then be made directly to St. Peter's College by Canada/Provincial Student Loans.
What if I need help?
Don't panic, we're here to help you. Feel free to contact Student Services if you have any questions or would like help filling out the form.