The certificate in Business helps students in other disciplines and working professionals who want to learn the fundamentals of business and business strategy in a degree-level certificate through a flexible and dynamic learning experience.
Students who complete the Certificate in Business will:
- understand basic business principles;
- be effective contributors to tea performance;
- incorporate ethical considerations into decision-making and intended actions; and
- be effective decision makers and problem solvers.
The Certificate in Business is an eight-course program that can be completed as a stand-alone option or in conjunction with another degree. The program can be completed part-time or accelerated in as little as ten months. Students completing the program alongside another degree should consult with an advisor in their home college to understand how the courses fit within their program requirements.
Students admitted into the program must complete requirements within a ten year time period. Students returning to the program after an absence of five or more years may be placed under the curriculum requirements in effect on the date of readmission.
- Required grade average: High school students or graduates must meet the minimum 5-subject admission average of 70%;
- Current post-secondary students transferring in require a 60% average;
- successful completion of Foundations of Mathematics 30 or Pre-Calculus 30 is recommended, but not required.
- English proficiency: If your first language is not English, you may have to provide proficiency in English before admission.
|Required Courses (18 credit units)|
|COMM 101 Introduction to Business|
|COMM 105 Introduction to Organizational Behaviour|
|COMM 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|COMM 204 Introduction to Marketing|
|COMM 306 Ethics and Strategic Decision Making|
|COMM 401 Business Strategy|
|Elective Courses (6 credit units)|