This week's scholarship showcase is the Knights of Columbus State Educational Bursary valued at $1,000 (x3). This is a long-standing SPC scholarship opportunity provided to students entering St. Peter's College.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must be a first year, full-time St. Peter's College students who are members of the Knights of Columbus, the Columbian Squires, or are spouses, children or grandchildren of members or deceased members, of the Knights of Columbus.
- Req 1 Demonstration of financial need
- Req 2 Demonstration of academic achievement
- Req 3 Reference letter from high school administrator, counsellor or teacher
- Req 4 Letter from a Catholic priest or pastoral assistant would be an asset
- Req 5 Biographical statement describing school, parish and community involvement, along with career goals and aspirations
- Req 6 Knights of Columbus endorsement
The Fall 2020 recipients were Alex Hinz, Makel Rizal, and Alysha Miller.
St. Peter's College does scholarships differently. Students starting their USASK degree at St. Peter’s College are eligible to keep their USASK scholarships while also being awarded SPC scholarships. In fact, that's part of why St. Peter’s College have high rates of academic success: they receive additional funding to ensure they can afford university and succeed.
St. Peter's College scholarships close on June 20th to allow students the time to properly apply for the fantastic opportunities our donors provide. In 2019-2020, St. Peter's College awarded an average of $1,800 in scholarships, bursaries, and funding per applicant.