Student Services Administrator
St. Peter’s College, Muenster, Saskatchewan
POSITION PROFILE: Student Services Administrator
As a member of the College’s leadership team, and in support of the College’s mission of fostering academic excellence, personal enrichment and social responsibility animated by our Catholic Benedictine tradition, the Student Services Administrator supports the development and implementation of the College’s academic programs and strategic marketing plans. Reporting to the College President and in support of the College’s strategic plan, the Student Services Administrator is an ambassador of the College. Working closely with potential students and current students, external constituents, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders, the Student Services Administrator coordinates marketing, recruitment, student and academic advisory services, special projects, and other duties as required.
In broad consultation with College leadership, current and prospective students, internal and external stakeholders, the Student Services Administrator develops and implements strategic marketing and communications plans to build the profile of St. Peter’s College with external and internal stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, and in support of the College’s strategic plan, develop and implement multi-year marketing and communications plans, procedures and programs.
- Develop and implement key messages, images, and vehicles (website, publications, advertisements, event, etc.) to be used in general promotion of the College.
- Develop budget and manage resources to ensure effective implementation of marketing strategies.
- Develop and maintain media relations, and create and distribute media releases in consultation with Senior Management.
- Develop community outreach initiatives.
- Advance the use of technology in marketing and communications including all aspects of social media.
- Oversee the production of high visibility electronic and print publications for the College.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners, stakeholders, and clients to ensure success in meeting the College’s strategic and academic goals.
- Coordinate promotional activities, and ensure that these present a strategically excellent image for the College, in a cost-effective manner.
- Research marketing best practices, and develop marketing program value measurements.
- Evaluate success of marketing initiatives, and implement corrections to marketing plans.
The Student Services Administrator develops and implements recruitment strategies to sustain and increase student enrolment at St. Peter’s College through multiple initiatives.
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies for the College.
- Develop and implement effective messages, images and vehicles (direct mail contact, publications, advertisements, event, etc.) to be used in recruiting students to the College’s programs.
- Develop budget and manage resources to ensure recruitment goals are fulfilled.
- Represent the College at career fairs, secondary school and college/university visits, and public events.
- Present recruitment messages, images and vehicles to potential students and influencers, individuals and groups through formal presentations, tradeshows and media events.
- Provide pertinent information to Academic Council.
- Develop, maintain and manage potential student database.
- Liaise with teachers, guidance counselors and other influencers.
- Conduct tours and orientation sessions with prospective and new students, parents, counselors, and other external stakeholders.
- Assist in development and maintenance of College web site, digital signage, and social media accounts.
- Develop and maintain a supply of College marketing materials.
- Foster strong working relationships with College leadership, faculty, staff and current students, to assist in effective recruitment of future students.
- Develop means of assessment, analyze data, and report on the effectiveness of student recruitment efforts; implement changes to improve performance.
The Student Services Administrator develops and implements strategies that encourage student enrolment and retention, academic success, and promote a positive student experience.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, develop and implement enrolment and retention strategies, and admission policies and procedures.
- Provide enrolment and registration services.
- Plan and coordinate strategies which promote student academic success and encourage the retention of students.
- Communicate with students in a variety of ways to ensure effective dispersal of information.
- Interpret and explain college and university policies and procedures to students.
- Act as student advocate.
- Maintain student files and records, documents all pertinent student information.
- Plan, coordinate and promote on-campus student activities and events.
- Liaise with residence management as required.
- Provide off-campus referrals to students for services provided by individuals, businesses and government agencies.
Academic Advisory Services
The Student Services Administrator maintains current knowledge and information about university programs in order to assist students with accurate program and course advice.
- Research university and program requirements.
- Interview and advise current and prospective students, parents and counselors regarding information, procedures and all aspects of academic program options.
- Assist students with career exploration, developing positive academic and study abilities, time management and goal setting.
- Provide program and class recommendations to Academic Council in order to maintain or increase enrolment and encourage student retention.
- Retain academic advising records.
The Student Services Administrator will respond to requests from Senior Management for the research, development, and coordination of special projects and opportunities for the College.
- Research and provide accurate information to senior management in the development, coordination of special projects, opportunities, etc.
- Develop and coordinate special projects.
- Draft proposals and budgets as required.
- Lead staff in the planning and coordination of College events.
- Plan, coordinate and execute on-campus activities for groups and individuals visiting the campus.
Perform other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
- Strong leadership, program administration, organizational, persuasion, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Understands and applies marketing concepts and practices in the context of student recruitment and retention.
- Represents the College in a professional manner to external and internal constituents.
- Excellent marketing research, data gathering and analysis, report writing, and presentation skills, and a broad knowledge of current academic issues and trends in higher education.
- Demonstrates innovation, imagination, creativity, and design conceptualization, and applies knowledge of the graphic and print industry to create promotional materials.
- Uses writing and presentation skills, and editorial judgment, to work strategically, design and implement media campaigns, develop messages for various audiences, and deliver those messages by evaluating the most appropriate media channels.
- Presents information effectively and speaks persuasively to prospective students and their families, constituents in the education sector, faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, and public groups.
- Demonstrated experience in providing appropriate and timely guidance, coaching, and mentoring to prospective students.
- In- depth knowledge of customer service and motivational models, a proven client service orientation, and excellent sales skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to team building, and sharing of knowledge and resources.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and commitment to high standards.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, aligning priorities with the College’s vision and goals, improving outcomes, and enhancing services.
- Effective and persuasive communicator.
- Effectively engages and manages relationships with students, staff, faculty, instructors, stakeholders, and external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) including active listening, a collaborative style, mentoring, motivating others, and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to, and understands, the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, physical and mental capabilities and ethnic backgrounds of college learners.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and equality, and contributes constructively towards a respectful workplace.
- Desire to accept new challenges, work flexibly, handle rapidly changing situations, and multi-task effectively in a diverse environment, while meeting quality standards and required timelines.
- Demonstrates initiative, defines issues, plans options strategically, sets priorities, proposes solutions, and implements change effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates ability to employ technology to optimize organizational and individual performance.
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Encourages a work culture of continuous learning and information sharing, and collaborates with team members and teams before making important decisions.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct and integrity, professionalism, accountability and behaviors consistent with the College’s vision and code of conduct, and with legal and professional standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, publishing, and presentation applications (e.g., Adobe suite, Publisher, Power Point).
- Proficient in the set-up, use, and take-down of presentation and media equipment.
- Fluency in English is essential, including excellent oral and writing skills, reading and aural comprehension, and clarity of expression.
- University degree or College diploma in marketing, public relations, education, or counselling.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Evidence of progressive responsibility in program administration, marketing, and/or recruitment, preferably in an educational institution, or in a similar organizational structure.
- Extensive knowledge of university procedures and academics, in particular, within the secondary and post-secondary systems of the province of Saskatchewan.
- Marketing experience, including branding, market research, and advertising is a definite asset.
- Familiarity with the academic programs offered by St. Peter’s College is an asset.
- Regularly assigned duties include attending meetings and functions outside normal working hours.
- This position requires an extensive amount of travel throughout the year.
- The successful candidate must have a valid Canadian driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Physical requirements include lifting, transporting, and setting up equipment weighing up to 40 Kg.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.